How to tell your story.
Need help putting your story down on paper? We borrowed a few helpful hints from Pixar story artist Emma Coats:
- What's the essence of your story? Can you summarize it in 1 minute? Start there and build out.
- Once upon a time there was ___. Every day, ___. One day ___. Because of that, ___. Because of that, ___. Until finally ___.
- Simplify. Focus. Hop over detours. You'll feel like you're losing valuable stuff but it sets you free.
- How did this event make you feel?
- Finish your story, let go even if it's not perfect.
Check out Emma's full list of The 22 Rules of Story Telling.
Hub Office located at 2833 Raritan Road Fitchburg, WI | 608.271.2811 | Contact Us